It's the time of year again! The air is crisp, the leaves are turning, and Halloween is quickly approaching. And you know what else comes heralded in like a king during the month of October? Pumpkin. Pumpkin everything.
I will be the first to admit it. I have a problem. A pumpkin problem. I eagerly slurp up my Starbucks pumpkin lattes, gobble down the pumpkin donuts at DunkinDonuts, and fill my home with the scent of pumpkin pie candles. So naturally I would extend my love of pumpkins into my own kitchen.
This is probably the easiest recipe you will ever come across and it tastes so good, you may even break it out in the non-autumnal months.
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line cupcake tin with cupcake holders
- Mix cake mix and pumpkin puree well with beaters. * note that mixture will be very thick!*
- Using a spoon, fill cupcake tins with mixture (should fill roughly 12)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Mix sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, and cinnamon in mixing bowl with beaters until fluffy.
- Top cooled cupcakes with icing
Seriously easy right? These are always a hit in my house, in the office, or at parties. Enjoy!