Nothing is better in the cold winter months than a steaming hot bowl of chicken and dumplings. There is something so comforting in this traditional dish that really ranks it up high on my rotation in the colder months. In addition to being delicious and filling, it's surprisingly simple to make.
- 12 cups water
- 5 stalks celery chopped
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 9 oz carrots (or 1/2 bag of baby carrots) diced.
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 TBSP basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1.5 TBSP salt
- 1 can condensed chicken soup
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring water to a boil, add all ingredients and turn to medium heat
- When chicken is cooked thoroughly- remove from water and shred
- Return shredded chicken to the pot
- Roll dumpling dough into small bites and drop slowly into pot
- When dumplings are cooked, serve and enjoy!
** If you want to cut out a step, you can make your dumplings from Pillsbury biscuits. Simply roll out, cut into strips and add to pot. Voila!
***MORE RECIPES HERE!!***