I love love love me a creamy, cheesy, delicious Alfredo. It's so versatile! Throw in some chicken or shrimp and smother some noodles. Anything will work: penne, linguine, heck even macaroni will do the trick, the pasta is really just the delivery mechanism for the cheesy goodness that is the Alfredo. When it becomes socially acceptable to just eat the sauce then we can do away with pesky noodles, but until that time, noodles it is! (Who am I kidding, I'm a carb fiend too)
The cool thing about making your own sauces (spaghetti, Alfredo, good 'ol mac and cheese) is that you can take liberties with what you have handy in the pantry and fridge. I have found that preshredded taco cheese can make a mean sauce for a mac and cheese. But I digress.... Here is a simple Alfredo sauce sure to get those taste buds jumping for joy!
- 2 cups milk (I also use heavy whipping cream sometimes too- makes it extra creamy!)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups Parm cheese
- 2 tsp garlic power (feel free to use fresh garlic- I usually do but didn't have any on hand and had to substitute- about 4 cloves should work but I do like me some garlic! Adjust to your own taste!)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Ok guys, this is super simple. If you are working with fresh garlic- crush in garlic press and saute for 2-3 minutes with a tablespoon of butter in a saucepan. Then proceed with instructions.
- Pour 2 cups milk or heavy whipping cream in saucepan over medium heat. Heat thoroughly
- Add spices and stir
- Add cheeses slowly while continueing to stir until completly mixed.
- Pour over top cooked pasta and enjoy!