You know what they say... Chicken soup cures everything. Well, let me tell you, my chicken soup recipe is the perfect remedy for all your ailments my friends. It is guaranteed to make you feel like a new person. Here's my very special recipe for all of you to enjoy:
- 1 Lb of boneless chicken cut in bite size pieces. You can also use chicken drums (with bone) to give it more substance, just clean the skin and the extra fatty off.
- one sweet or white onion. Chopped.
- two teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 red pepper, and 1/2 green pepper, chopped.
- four medium potatoes, chopped in bite size pieces
- a handful of cilantro finely chopped
- one tablespoon of crushed red chili pepper
- one teaspoon of paprika (or more if you wish)
- two teaspoons of dry basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- one tablespoon of olive oil
- one avocado
- One (or two) limes
- cooked rice to serve as side.
in a large pot heat the olive oil on medium heat and saute the onions, peppers, garlic, chili pepper, paprika, and basil for about two minutes. Add potatoes and mix. Saute for another two minutes. Add chicken and mix. Saute all together and add salt and pepper to taste. Add water (about 8 cups) enough to cover the ingredients and bring to a boil on high heat.
Once it boils, add cilantro and reduce heat to medium and cook for about 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked. (the smaller the chicken pieces, the faster it will cook).
Squeeze some lime on top and mix. Add more cilantro on top to garnish and serve on a bed of white rice and fresh avocado.
You are welcome.
***CHECK OUT OUR OTHER RECIPES HERE!